Friday, June 13, 2014

Healthy Easy Smoothie Recipes #2: Red Breakfast Boost

Here we go again! 

I make this smoothie all the time because it is a great way to start the day. The fruit provides lots of energy to give me that kick in the butt I need to get the brain going in the morning. The oatmeal is great as a fiber source and good for slow release energy, the Chia seeds in this recipe are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, and the mixed berries are a great source of antioxidants.  

As usual I enjoy using frozen fruit because it is cheaper, they don't go bad in a few days, and they're already cold so no ice needs to be added!


Ingredients: 
  1. 1 banana
  2. 1 cup almond milk
  3. 1 handful of oats  
  4. frozen mango
  5. frozen mixed berries and cherries
  6. 1 tbsp chia seeds 
AgainI just added whatever amount felt right at the time, so it's up to you!. 

I pop all the ingredients into my -neither expensive nor fancy- blender (that's it's official name, in the original dialect), and hit the smoothie button.



Then pour and drink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment