Sunday, June 15, 2014

My St. Lucian Kitchen

I love being in the kitchen, if given a choice I would prepare my own meal rather than go out or order from a restaurant. Though the majority of things I cook are not particularly region specific, there are a few West Indian eats that I make all the time. As the foodie that I am I feel the need to share some of those with you.

Here are a few of them, if you want recipes let me know and I will try my best.


Bakes - delicious West Indian fried bread that is amazing for breakfast.


Fried Plantains - though not unique to the West Indies, this simple yet delicious side dish is extremely popular.

Lentils Bullion/Buyon - This is basically a lentil soup that is one of my favorite things. There are many varieties of these, the two most popular ones being with lentils and red beans. I make mine with dumplings and spinach or kale. Traditionally this is cooked as a one pot meal with some sort of meat. 

What are your favorite dishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment