Saturday, March 15, 2014

Healthy Easy Smoothie Recipes #1: Creamy Fruity and Green

Hey guys!!!

This is my first actual recipe on here, so I'm excited! 

I drink smoothies and make juices all the time. I think this is one of the best ways of getting the nutrients you need to balance out your diet in a quick and convenient. You are able to combine a bunch of ingredients that you probably wouldn't eat individually, and you can always take your smoothie to go! 

This is one of my go-to recipes because the ingredients are always available, affordable, easy to work with, and tasty! 



Ingredients: 
  1. 1 banana
  2. 1 cup milk (I used whole milk because that's just the kind of person I am. I also like almond and coconut milk for this recipe)
  3. 1 handful of oats (or any grains you like) 
  4. frozen mango
  5. frozen grapes
  6. frozen spinach 
I use frozen fruit and veggies because it last longer and the smoothie is already cold after blending, and I just add whatever amount feel right at the time, so it's up to you!. 

I pop all the ingredients into my -neither expensive nor fancy- blender, and hit the smoothie button.



I then have a delicious, sweet, and creamy smoothie. 

The strongest flavors are the banana and mango, and the spinach flavor is completely masked. Smoothies are a great way to get your green leafy fix if you're not a salad lover.


 I hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment