Saturday, March 7, 2015

Balanced Living: Meal Prepping Is My LIFE!!!


So... if you don't follow my Instagram (@yaniquesgt) you should, because I regularly post pictures like these! 

I have been meal prepping consistently for over a year now and I honestly can't remember what I did before! I simply do not have the time or the desire to cook every day and do a bunch of dishes every day either. Just having that task waiting for me when I get home is enough to move me to stop somewhere to pick up food on my way home... I know you know what I mean. 

I started meal prepping because I wanted to eat out less often so I could eat healthier and spend less money on food. Now, my reasons are endless and I've listed a few of them below. 

Reason 1: It saves money! 
I can buy groceries for an entire week with the money I would spend on one day of eating out. 



Reason 2: It's just healthier. 
It's always up to you what ingredients end up in your food that you prep yourself, so if you want to be healthy, then make healthy dishes.


Reason 3: Who likes washing dishes? 
I love the fact that I only cook once a week. This means that I break out the pots, pans, and pyrex once a week and only have to wash them once. This is great for me because dishes have got to be the worst chore ever.


Reason 4: I'm a busy person.
I simply do not have the time or the energy to cook every single day, and I know I'm not the only one.


Reason 5: It's so convenient. 
Some may argue that cooking doesn't take that much time, but it's so convenient to just reach into the fridge and grab a meal, than to decide what to make and then prepare it. This is especially helpful for meals that you take to work or elsewhere, you grab and go!


Reason 6: Why not try something fancy? 
You only cook once a week anyway, why not try that super fancy 200 ingredient dish you saw in that magazine? Go out with you planned shopping list, get your ingredients in bulk, make food for the entire week, the feast like a King... EVERY DAY!


Reason 7: It doesn't mean you have to eat the same thing every day...
Meal prepping for the week means preparing all your food at once, it doesn't mean you have to make one thing. If you are the type of person who likes variety throughout the week, then prepare two or three options! It can be from changing the vegetable or the grain, to making completely different dishes. Either way, reasons 1 - 6 still apply.


Reason 8: Didn't these pictures look delicious?
I know it's not a real reason but come on! You have to be hungry for some meal prep right now!



Enjoy. Be Healthy. Be Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment