Saturday, May 24, 2014

Lazy Recipes: Homemade Ramen


I recently made this and got numerous recipe requests from my friends. I am not not now, nor have I ever been a recipe person. My mom taught me to cook with measurements such as 'a little bit', 'a sprinkle', and 'some', so my dilemma should be apparent. I don't think cooking is that precise though, and since people's tastes vary so greatly I think cooking 'to taste' is a better approach. 

With all that said, here is my 'recipe' for my home made ramen. This is the first of my Lazy Recipes series, where I'll be sharing my ideas for fast yet tasty meals.



For this you will need: 

1 package of instant Ramen for the noodles
1 cups of vegetable broth (any broth will do depending on the desired flavor)
1 cup water
Diced garlic
Salt
powdered ginger (or diced; go easy on this one, ginger is potent!)
A drizzle (another of my mom's measurements) of sesame oil
Sriracha
Red pepper flakes 
Parsley ( I used dried) 
Green onions chopped
1 lean chicken breast 
1 egg

  1. To a pot add sesame oil and saute the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and parsley until it becomes highly fragrant. 
  2. Add the water and vegetable broth to the pot and allow them to come to a boil, and salt to taste.
  3. Add the noodles to the pot and boil for 3 minutes stirring occasionally, remove from the heat and set aside. 
  4. In a separate pot, boil an egg for ~6 minutes. This should give you a nice medium boiled egg.
  5. season your chicken breast with sea salt, and cook in sesame oil in a skillet equally on both sides. Cooking times depend on the size of the piece of meat used. let the meat rest after cooking, then slice as desired.
  6. Pour noodles and broth into a bowl, drizzle Sriracha over them, and place the sliced chicken on top. Cut the egg in half and add it to the bowl, and lastly, garnish with the green onions. 
I tried my best guys, I hope this is useful!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment